Come experience the fun side of science at annual CSIR Career Day
As part of the 2019 National Science Week activities, the CSIR will be hosting a career day for grade 10 to 12 learners who have maths and science as their subjects.
National Science Week is an initiative of the Department of Science and Technology that takes place annually. It aims to increase the level of public understanding of science countrywide. This year’s theme is Facing the harsh realities of climate change.
Learners are invited to attend the CSIR career day and the details are as follows:
- Friday, 2 August 2019
- 08:30 for 09:00 - 15:00
- CSIR International Convention Centre – 627 Meiring Naude Road, Lynnwood, Pretoria
On the day, learners and educators will have an opportunity to:
- Interact with scientists and researchers and be exposed to the array of careers available at the CSIR;
- Tour some of the CSIR’s world-class infrastructures;
- Explore the science and technology focused exhibitions;
- View demonstrations from the different CSIR research clusters and from other science councils who will also be exhibiting; and
- Win great prizes.
Space is limited; therefore the first-come, first-served rule will apply and there will be no admission without RSVP. To confirm attendance, download and complete registration form below and send it back to TeamCSIR@csir.co.za by 16:30 on Friday, 19 July 2019.
Please note that registrations are now closed.
For event enquiries, please contact Ms Lorraine Ngumbela on (012) 841 4652.
We look forward to welcoming you to the CSIR.