Dr Deepak Balaji Thimiri Govindaraj
Govindaraj’s research interests lie in establishing high-performance synthetic biology platform, generating systems/synthetic biology approaches for novel metabolic biosystems and establishing a drug sensitivity screening platform for cancer precision medicine for South Africa.
Dr Govindaraj holds a PhD in biomedical sciences from KU Leuven, Belgium. He joined the CSIR as a centre manager for synthetic biology and precision medicine in 2019. Govindaraj has worked in nanobiotechnology, industrial synthetic biology and cancer precision medicine. He has authored and co-authored numerous peer-reviewed papers in the fields of bionanotechnology, synthetic biology and precision medicine.
Expertise: Bionanotechnology; Synthetic biology; Precision medicine
- PhD (Biomedical Sciences) Katholieke Universiteit, Leuven, Belgium, 2011
- MS (Molecular Eng), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2006
- MEng (Biotechnology), BITS Pilani, India 2005
- BTech (Biotechnology), Bharathidasan University, India, 2003
- Stanford-Ignite Program (Mini-MBA Entrepreneurship), Stanford University, United States of America, 2015
- Executive Education Business Acumen, Entrepreneur in Clinical Academia INSEAD, France, 2019
Dr Deepak Balaji Thimiri Govindarajdgovindaraj@csir.co.za