Alize le Roux
Le Roux’s research interests focus on using geographic information science to provide planning and decision support to local, regional and national decision-makers with a specific focus on land-use change modelling, disaster risk reduction and spatial trends analysis.
Le Roux has 10 years’ experience in spatial data analyses, geo-informatics and decision support. She holds a Master’s in geographical sciences from the University of Utrecht in The Netherlands. She has extensive experience in providing planning and decision support to local, regional and national decision-makers in the research areas of regional socio-economic and environmental analysis, planning support systems, spatial data management and risk and vulnerability analysis.
Expertise: Geo-informatics; Advanced spatial analysis and modelling, planning and decision support; Multi-hazard risk analysis
- BSc (Geoinformatics), University of Pretoria, 2005
- BSc Hons (Geoinformatics), University of Pretoria, 2006
- Certificate: Multi-hazard risk assessments and spatial decision-support systems, ITC, University of Twente, The Netherlands, 2009
- Certificate: Integrated Urban Planning, BTH, University in Karlskrona, Sweden, 2010
- MSc (Geographical Sciences), Utrecht University, The Netherlands, 2012
Alize le Rouxaleroux1@csir.co.za